January 16, 2009

Theatre Dance Academy

So, I have been dancing for fifteen years, as I may have mentioned before. But I haven't said where I trained for those years. So now I will, Theatre Dance Academy. My studio is run by a truely amazing lady, Barb Forrest. She really is an amazing women. She knows the name of every student of hers, and she knows who their parents and family are. She has about maybe 600 kids. If you say that isn't dedication, your crazy.
TDA had been like a second home for me. I'm pretty much there just as much time as I am at home, and I am at school throughout the week. The people that I dance with, are just like my family. We're all friends, and we all share such a huge interest. I'm pretty excited that this is my fifteenth year because, at the year end recital I get a plaque saying something personal from Barb. There are certain things that we do as a studio to have fun. We always do the Oshawa Santa Clause parade, shows, dancing at wonderland, dancing for breast cancer benefits and other chatiry shows.
Every year we have this pizza party thing, where we all get together and dance for eachother. Like a show for our friends, so we can see what other dances are and how people have improved. We usually dance for a few hours until all dances are performed, and then we all sit around and have dinner. It's pretty fun and it's a good way to get everybody together.
The next thing is uaually a show called showcase. This is usually hosted at either BHS or Eastdale High School. This is where we put on a show, with our costumes and accessories and hair just like we would if we were competing. This gives us a feeling of what dancing the dance with everything on. It also gives our parents and familes the chance to come and see us perform. It is always so much fun, but unfortunatly we aren't doing one this year.
At the end of the year we have our recital. This is by far the best part of the year. Not because dance is over after this for the summer, but it is just so much fun. We always have four shows; two Saturday and two Sunday. This is the show where the students who are not competition dancers have a chance to perform for people. This is definatly the biggest thing that we do, we prepare for these four shows all year long.
Overall, Theatre Dance Academy is such a huge part of my life, and I would not be who I am today without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment